Friday, October 16, 2009

Counting Down to Camp!

Wow, can you believe we leave for camp on Monday? Today in Literacy, we talked about camp and the excitement is building. While most kids never experience homesickness, there have been some cases in years passed. So today, we took steps to help in case they feel any symptoms of this dreaded illness. We watched a clip from the movie The Sound of Music, with Julie Andrews singing My Favorite Things. I had the kids write a list yesterday, and today we put it into song with a slightly different chorus: When I'm homesick, when I'm lonely, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad! Below you can view some of the video from the three classes as they shared what they wrote. We had a great time and talked after how we need to help each other out during our camp week if we notice anyone experiencing any symptoms. Have a great weekend, rest up! The long range forecast for Saco, Maine looks good so far! Check out the link: http://www.weatherforyou.com/weather/maine/saco.html

No comments:

Post a Comment